The College Completion Pledge increases college graduation rates by securing a voluntary commitment from incoming college students to graduate on time.
The College Completion Pledge reminds students of ten important steps they can take to increase their likelihood of graduating on time.
- I will take 15 credits or more each term
- I will take only classes that count to graduation
- I will attend classes as scheduled
- I will participate in all class-related activities
- I will seek help when I am struggling with a class
- I will apply for financial aid by filing the FAFSA every year
- I will work no more than 12 hours a week during the term
- I will borrow only what I need, not what I can
- I will not switch academic majors multiple times
- I will meet regularly with my academic advisor
The College Completion Pledge can be customized with the student’s name and printed on parchment paper to provide a certificate suitable for framing.